Monthly Archives: November 2016
HOME AND SCHOOL NEWS, December 2016
1. 2017 Extra Mile Awards
Nominate a school staff person (i.e. teacher, education assistant, custodian) for the PEI Home and School Federation’s Extra Mile Award. Two awards will be presented. Submission deadline is: January 13, 2017. More details are online at: http://peihsf.ca/extramile
2. 2017 Staff Appreciation Week
School staff will be celebrated across Canada February 13 to 17, 2017 during Staff Appreciation Week. Home and School groups are encouraged to show appreciation to teachers, custodians, secretaries for the contributions they make to our children and their education.
Consider issues needing change in PEI’s education system and write a resolution on that issue by referring to our peihsf / 902-620-3186 / 1-800-916-0664.
4. Parent Leadership Grants
The Parent Leadership Grant Program has one more deadline for this school year. Submit project proposals by: January 27, 2017. Find application kit and more information at: http://peihsf.ca/content/parent-leadership-grants
5. 2017 Annual Meeting & Convention
Mark your 2017 calendars……… PEI Home and School Federation’s 64th Annual Meeting & Conference, Saturday, April 8, 2017, Rodd Charlottetown Hotel, Charlottetown, PEI
Best wishes to you and your families for this Holiday season
and in the New Year 2017!
Prince Edward Island Home and School Federation Inc.
Shirley Smedley Jay, Executive Director
PO Box 1012 Charlottetown PE C1A 7M4
Street deliveries only: 40 Enman Crescent C1E 1E6
Phone: 620-3186 Fax: 620-3187
Toll Free: 1-800-916-0664 (PEI only)
Follow us on:
“I must do something” always solves more problems than “Something must be done.” ~Author Unknown
Tomorrow Friday Nov 25th its a Morell Community Spirit night at the Morell Community Rink. There will be a FREE family skate from 7-8pm followed by the Morell Credit Union Jr C game. Admission to the game is free for students of any age wearing any morell family of schools team jersey or school emblem clothing (hat, t-shirt, scarf, sports jersey…). For all others, including adults admission to the game, admission is only $2. All admission proceeds and 50/50 will go to support a Christmas Toy Drive for the community and surrounding area.
Morell Consolidated School
Public Schools Branch
Principal: Leo Hendricken P.O. Box 60
Vice-Principal: Linda Blackett Morell, PE C0A 1S0
School Counselor: Cindy Wood Phone: 961-7340
Admin. Assistant: Anita Geldert Fax: 961-7331
November 1, 2016
Dear Parents, Guardians, Staff, & Community Members,
As per notice below from Bob Andrews, we would like to remind you that the Public Input Meeting for the Morell Family of Schools will be held tomorrow evening, Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at Morell Regional High School at 6:30 p.m. (Please Note: Time Changed to 6:30 p.m.). All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Public Meetings An initial round of public meetings was held in October to present data to the public and ensure they have opportunities to understand the information.
A second set of public meetings will give the public an opportunity to provide input on options for change. The schedule for these meetings is as follows:
· Charlottetown Rural family of schools: Charlottetown Rural High School, Tuesday, November 1 at 7:00 p.m.
· Morell family of schools: Morell Regional High School, Wednesday, November 2 at 6:30 p.m. (Please Note: Time changed to 6:30 p.m.)
· Colonel Gray family of schools: Colonel Gray High School, Thursday, November 3 at 7:00 p.m.
· Kinkora family of schools: Kinkora Regional High School, Monday, November 7 at 7:00 p.m.
· Westisle family of schools: Westisle Composite High School, Tuesday, November 8 at 7:00 p.m.
· Montague family of schools: Montague Regional High School, Thursday, November 10 at 7:00 p.m.
How to Participate
The format of the meetings scheduled for November 1 to November 10 includes opportunities for Islanders to make presentations and to respond.
· 7:00 to 9:00 pm – Individuals or groups may make presentations up to 10 minutes in length. To book a time to present at one of the public meetings, email mwgregory or call (902) 620-0944. Presenters are invited to bring accompanying written submissions.
· 9:00 to 10:00 pm – During the third hour, the moderator will invite people in attendance who wish to comment on the ideas presented to come forward to the microphone and provide feedback.
Throughout the consultation process, submissions can also be made online or in writing.
Registration for 2017-2018 Kindergarten
Week of November 21-25, 2016
Parents are asked to register their children for kindergarten prior to or during the week of November 21-25, 2016.
· Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2017 in order to be eligible for kindergarten.
· Parents are asked to register their child at his/her local elementary school during school hours. If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990), Summerside Office (902-888-8400) or Toll Free 1-800-280-7965.
· A registration form will be completed at the time of registration.
· Parents are reminded to bring two pieces of information which verify proof of child’s age: birth certificate/PEI health card as well as verification of home address, such as current utility bill.
· Dates for the parents and children to attend the Annual Welcome to Kindergarten sessions will be announced in the spring of 2017.
· Please note that schools and school zones may be affected, and subject to change, depending on the outcome of the current review of schools and school change process.
The following is the correct schedule for hotdog & cheeseburger days in November:
HOTDOG/CHEESEBURGER DAYS – NOVEMBER
Nov. 4th – Hotdogs
Nov. 25th – Cheeseburgers