27 March, 2015 18:02
Home and School Update – April 2015
1. PEI Home and School Federation Annual General Meeting
Saturday, April 11, 2015, Rodd Charlottetown Hotel
Please register now!
- Up to 5 voting delegates per school can register.
- No limit to non-voting members you can bring in addition!
- Parents, guardians, teachers, administrators and staff are all welcome.
- Complete details about the meeting are online at:
Registration fee is $30 per person, which includes buffet luncheon. This link takes you to the registration
2. Feedback about storm closures
Parents, guardians, teachers, administrators and staff who have feedback about storm closures, and about the school calendar in general, are encouraged to contact the peihsf. The Federation has a representative on the School Calendar Committee and we can bring your concerns forward to that group.
3. Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
Education and Early Childhood Development has updated high school graduation requirements to
help ensure students are ready to transition to post-secondary education and the labour force.
4. 2015-2016 School Calendar
Next year’s School Calendar is on-line at:
· National Volunteer Week 2015 is a time to recognize, celebrate and thank Canada’s volunteers. The week takes place April 12 – 18 and marks the 12th consecutive year for the national campaign.
Find more info at: http://volunteer.ca/nvw2015
- Visualizing Literacy, May 2- 9, 2015 – The PEI Literacy Alliance will showcase the winning photos of its Visualizing Literacy Photo Contest during Reading Town Canada Week.
More at: http://www.peiliteracy.ca / www.facebook.com/PEILiteracyAlliance