Kindergarten Registration 2012 – Registration Form at the Bottom of this post
General Information: September 2012 – Kindergarten Registration
- Kindergarten 2012 Registration Week: November 14 – 18, 2011
- Children must be 5 years old by December 31st, 2012 to be eligible for kindergarten.
- Please register your child at his/her local elementary school.
- A registration form will need to be completed at the time.
- Parents will be required to provide proof of child’s age (child’s birth certificate or child’s PEI health card).
- Parents will also be required to provide verification of parents’ home address.
- The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development is pleased to provide the annual Welcome to Kindergartensessions for all incoming kindergarten students and their parents between April and June.
- The Welcome to Kindergarten orientation sessions will be hosted at all of our public schools that offer kindergarten. At these workshops parents receive early learning and literacy resources, while learning strategies for using the resources with their child. The goal of this program is to ensure all of our children enter public education with a foundation in literacy nurtured at home which will position them for school success and lifelong learning.